Meridian Barn Sour

This year our whole family participated in the Meridian Barn Sour races held at a nearby park.  It was a great activity to do together!  Last year we all participated except Tessa, so we were glad she joined us this year.  She had a YW personal progress goal to run a 10K, so she achieved her goal!

Jeff, Tessa, and I ran the 10K.  Dallin did the 6K.  And Seth and Aubrey did the 1 mile fun run.  We also got lucky at the post-race raffle drawing.  Dallin won $15 to TCBY and I won a Camelbak hydration backpack.  So all in all, it was well worth our entrance fees.  :-)

A pre-race photo--before we're all hot and sweaty!




All the kids are lined up for the fun run to start.
Seth headed down the home stretch.
A group of life guards from the community pool "unofficially" did the fun run.  As Seth led out in the race, the life guards hung back and ran with him.
Seth coming around the corner to the finish line with his "posse."
Aubrey coming down the home stretch.

Aubrey won 3rd place for girls in the fun run.  She got a $10 gift certificate to Dick's Sporting Goods.
Seth was the overall winner for the fun run and took home prizes for winning 1st place for the boys.  He got a $50 gift certificate to Dick's and a cool water bottle.  (This race is very generous with its prizes for the fun run.)
Much to my surprise, I won for females in my age group.  :-0


Comments

  1. I hope I'm not over-commenting! But what in the world does Barn Sour mean? It's looks like you all had a great time. To a kid, those prizes must feel like winning the lottery!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, feel free to comment all you want--I love it! That is a good question I should have explained in my entry, but I didn't think about it. It was actually your mom who explained the term "barn sour" to me. A horse that is barn sour is one who can't wait to get back to the barn and will race home. So it makes sense, but I agree that it isn't a common term.

      Delete
  2. Congrats to everyone who ran! Such motivation in you all! Did you win anything in your age group Holly, since you won? Sounds like it was a lot of fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment