Christmas Tree Hunt

The day after Thanksgiving we headed up the highway to find a Christmas tree to cut. And boy was this a memorable Christmas tree hunt! We ended up hiking straight up a very steep mountain looking for a tree. And we had to hiking quite a ways (probably a half mile) to find one that would work. Due to the steepness and the slippery snow, Aubrey and I both ended up with injuries. I think we all slipped and fell at some point (other than Tessa and Dallin who couldn't come because they were home earning money). I have a scraped leg, a bruised hip, and some pulled muscles. Despite Aubrey's bruised leg she was still our most agile mountain goat, leading the way most of the time. Plus, she was easy to spot in her bright pink coat. When we got home I had to do two loads of laundry because our pants and coats were dirty.

We did end up with a great tree, but it turned out to be a lot bigger and taller than we realized it was out in the forest (which is what usually happens). It took a lot of effort by Jeff and Seth to get the tree down the mountain. Seth actually wanted to get a different tree. He is standing by it in one of the pictures below. He called it "Lush Monster." It was even taller and fuller than the one we cut. Thankfully, we didn't come home with the "monster" because our tree was plenty big already. :)
















Comments